My name is KA and I am Fat. Yep, I said it. I am a fatty. And it is time for me to be Fit. This blog will be my point of honesty on the path to fitness.

Monday 2 January 2012

Day 1

I have been planning on starting this path to fitness for a while. But getting on the scales today was still a rude awakening....

But first, a bit of history.

I have been a fatty my whole life to varying degrees. 4 years ago I lost 45 kilos and was well on my way to getting fit and healthy. A variety of life issues pushed my focus and I turned back to food to cope. Last year the life issues had all passed and I was taken down with a torn Achilles tendon. Due to my weight it took a long long time to heal (and I still need to be careful) and a year of inactivity on top of 2 years of comfort eating has left me back at the starting point. Actually, I am heavier than ever.

I turn 40 in 12 months. I want to be fit. I don't really care about the fat too much, but I know that in order to be fit I need to drop a lot of it.

I have 2 fitness goals for 2012:
 - to cycle 100kms in a day
 - to walk a half marathon distance (21.1kms)

As for my weight, I need to lose over 90 kilos. This will take 3-4 years. I am fine with that.

My plan will be reviewed monthly. For January my plan is
 - 1800-2200 calories (depending on activity levels)
 - 1.5 L of water a day
 - 5 days exercise (gradually increasing in type, length and intensity)
 - lose 8 kgs

First weigh in - 166.3kgs (366.6 lbs)

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you every success in achieveing your goals, KA! I love the idea of walking a half marathon, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete